LC Staffing is now recruiting for a Stock Cutter for the day shift.
As a Stock Cutter, you will be working in the materials management of the machine shop. You will be responsible for taking materials and following blueprints to cut and prepare the materials to specification for the assembly team.
Stock Cutter Job Duties:
- Receives and stocks raw material from outside vender or in-house Teflon processing department.
- Cuts raw stock of various plastics and metals to size in preparation for the fabrication process.
- Uses various cutting tools (band saws, chop saws, and other tools) to cut raw stock according to engineering drawing/sketches or verbal instruction.
- Keeps a running inventory of raw stock.
- Supplies a daily report on raw stock shortages to supervisors.
- Orders stock cutting supplies such as saw blades etc.
- Works with purchasing department to ensure adequate supply of raw materials.
- Performs quarterly inventory. Identifies and labels all material to part number and purchase order.
- Maintains material certification traceable to PO on all material.
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Basic math skills to include fraction and decimal measurements.
- Blueprint reading skills. Measuring and layout skills.
- Computer skills to include Syteline and Excel to prepare short reports etc.
- Shop skills to include ability to run saws and sanders.
- Ability to operate a forklift safely.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, or carry 50-75 pounds repeatedly. Standing, sitting, bending & reaching daily.
- Organization skills are necessary to maintain proper supply information.
- Quality and safety consciousness are extremely important.
Schedule is Monday through Thursday, 7am-5pm with a wage of $13.75 per hour. Long-term benefits include: ACA health insurance, paid holidays and vacation, Thursday donuts, Temp Employee of the Month, flu vaccines, and performance goals celebrations!
To apply online or submit your resume, please visit our website at https://lcstaffing.com/ and refer to order #33933
For questions and answers, call or text Brittany in our LC Staffing Kalispell office at 406-752-0191.
Locally owned and operated, LC Staffing has been matching top talent with Montana employers since 1985. Headquartered in Kalispell and with branches in Bozeman, Columbia Falls, and Missoula, they pride themselves in partnering an individual’s skills and interests with a company’s specific team dynamic and changing needs. LC Staffing maintains the utmost confidentiality to protect employees who are currently working and wish to make a change. One free application with LC Staffing can get you access to over 80 career possibilities. For more information, please visit us at www.lcstaffing.com.